7:30pm Parish Council
9:30am English Conversation Classes
3.30pm StAR Kids
8am Holy Communion in the Church
10am Impact (Mandarin) Service in the Hall, with KBF
10am Family-friendly Service in the Auditorium, with KBF
6pm Contemporary Service in the Hall
Dates for your Diary...
10am Combined Fathers' Day service, followed by lunch.
10am & 1pm Colin Buchanan Concert - Tickets at Koorong
This Week's News
E-Waste Sunday 27th August
As part of our responsible stewardship of God’s world we are having an E-waste Recycling Day on Sunday 27th August. You are invited to bring in old unwanted electronic devices to be recycled responsibly and safely. Please note that we can only accept the items listed below for recycling:
- Personal Computers*
- Laptops*, notebooks*, palmtops* and tablets*
- Computer monitors
- Parts for personal computers* - for example internal hard drives*, motherboards, cards, internal power supplies, CPUs, DVD and CD drives
- Computer peripherals* - for example mice, keyboards, joysticks, game pads, scanners, web cameras…
- Printers* - for example ink-jet, dot matrix, laser printers and multi-function devices.
- Televisions* - example Plasma, LCD and Projection televisions
- Mobile phones*, charging adapters and all related mobile phone accessories
- Batteries – alkaline, lithium, coin cells, etc (Lead acid batteries excluded) Please place batteries in the battery bucket.
*Please remember to remove all personal information from your device before dropping it off, as no items will be returned.
This event has been arranged by Steve from our 10am congregation and is sponsored by Lenovo and MRI.
Same Sex Marriage Postal Vote
Archbishop Glenn Davies has provided the following information to encourage our thoughtful participation in this important national debate: Last Chance to Register for the Postal Vote on Marriage
Australia will soon have a postal vote on whether to change the definition of marriage to enable same-sex marriages. This is a change that affects marriage for everyone, and it is important that everyone’s vote counts. If you have moved house, or recently become eligible to vote in Australian elections, you must update your electoral enrolment by 24 August 2017 to participate. Go to the AEC website (http://www.aec.gov.au/) to check or change your registration, or to register online. More information and the relevant links are also available at the Coalition For Marriage website (http://www.coalitionformarriage.com.au/anglican).
Support the Coalition for Marriage
The Coalition for Marriage is coordinating the campaign to oppose changes to the Marriage Act. The Diocese of Sydney is a lead partner in the Coalition for Marriage, joining with over 80 organisations in support of the campaign to defend Australia’s man-woman definition of marriage. If you would like to support the Coalition for Marriage, you can sign up as a volunteer or provide financial support at http://www.coalitionformarriage.com.au/anglican.
What has God Joined Together?
The Diocesan booklet entitled "What has God Joined Together?" is now available online at http://www.sydneyanglicans.net/marriage It explains God’s pattern for marriage, why it is best for society as a whole, and the negative consequences of same-sex marriage. Please make use of this resource.
BCA boxes are due for opening from now until September. Please hand your box to an usher or leave it at the office.
Pray for those in need:
- Ask God to comfort, strengthen and deepen the trust of those who are sick, grieving, or in special need at this time, especially Des and Koula.